2022 Assistant Professor for Ed.D. Employment Educational Leadership Program with WENZHOU – KEAN UNIVERSITY
About Wenzhou-Kean University
Wenzhou-Kean University (WKU) is approved by the Ministry of Education of China. Launched in 2012, WKU offers a unique higher education model in partnership with Kean University, a comprehensive public university in the state of New Jersey that is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. WKU sits on approximately 500 beautiful acres and currently enrolls approximately 3,500 undergraduate students, and is now in the midst of rapid growth that will bring enrollment to 7,000 students over the next five years. All instructions are in English and all programs are provided by Kean University. In addition to its current 18 undergraduate programs, WKU has been approved by the Ministry of Education to offer 8 master’s programs and 3 doctoral programs. Wenzhou is one of the most dynamic and economically advanced developed cities on China’s east coast, located one hour by plane and just over three hours by high-speed train from Shanghai.
Wenzhou-Kean University currently offers the following degree programs: Doctor of Educational Leadership (Ed.D.), Biotechnology Science (MS), Computer Information Systems (MS), Teaching and Curriculum (MA), Global Management (MBA) and Architecture (Mars.); Finance (BS), Accounting (with a focus on international standards and practices) (BS), Global Business (BS), Marketing (BS), Management (Business Analytics option / Supply Chain & Information Management option) (BS), Economics (BS), Graphic Design (BFA), Interior Design (BFA), Industrial Design (BID), Architectural Studies (BA), Computer Science (BS), Mathematical Sciences (Data Analytics Option) (BA), Biology (Cellular Option and Molecular) (BS), Chemistry (BS); Earth Sciences (Environmental Sciences option) (BS); English (English option in global settings) (BA); Psychology (General Option / Forensic Psychology Option) (BA); and communication (public relations option) (BA). Additionally, WKU has a substantial commitment to teaching ESL/EFL.
About the position:
WKU launched its first doctoral program: Ed.D. Educational Leadership program in fall 2020. The program received an overwhelming response and we enrolled 11 students in our first cohort. In the fall of 2021, we enrolled 14 students, although we received around 100 applications. We are seeing phenomenal growth in this program and would like to increase the number of our faculty to meet current and future demands. Therefore, we are looking for two dynamic professors to teach a full range of graduate courses, including but not limited to political policy analysis, organizational theory and change, legal and political issues in education, school and community partnerships, educational leadership and decision-making. , School-Community Partnership and Educational Research. Applicants should have at least one year of college teaching experience and should have an ongoing research program and should publish research findings in reputable journals. Applicants should advise students to develop dissertation topics and assist with all aspects of the writing process to produce a high quality dissertation. In addition to teaching and research, faculty members are expected to contribute to program growth, including but not limited to program development, program evaluation, recruitment / advice on students, office hours and internship opportunities.
Our new faculty members are expected to start working with us in time to teach the fall 2022 courses. These positions will be offered at the rank of tenure-track assistant professor or lecturer. Tenure-track positions are full-time, 10-month assignments. Tenure-track faculty are required to teach 24 credits per academic year. However, 6 credits will be freed up and reallocated to research projects engaging students each academic year.. Tenure candidates must demonstrate strong academic ability and publish in internationally recognized and rigorously peer-reviewed journals in the field. Tenure applicants must develop extra-mural research programs involving students, which is essential for tenure and promotion. The University will provide start-up grants to help applicants start their research programs. performance in teaching and service. The lecturer is required to teach 30 credits per academic year
Faculty members are expected to participate in all faculty responsibilities, including high quality teaching, research, advising; student learning support; service to the academic and/or professional community.
Teaching assignments and related responsibilities may include day, evening, weekend, and online classes. Interest or experience in using advanced instructional technologies to enhance the teaching/learning process is highly desirable.
- The candidate sought will have an acquired doctorate in educational leadership/administration with experience as a principal and superintendent highly desirable. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience researching and working with doctoral students during the dissertation process.
- A minimum of one year of teaching experience at the post-secondary level and proficiency in English.
- Desirable but not necessary: In-depth working knowledge of statistics for research, including structural equation modeling and knowledge of statistical tools like AMOS is desirable, but not required.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until positions are filled. Please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy statement, research statement outlining research interest, past accomplishments, complete list of research projects and publications, research plan (for tenure-track positions only), unofficial transcripts, and contact information for three professionals. email references to the chair of the search committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Official transcripts for all degrees and three current letters of recommendation are required prior to appointment.
The faculty positions at WKU offer:
- Annual salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, ranging from $70,010 to $77,270 for tenure-track assistant professors and $66,630.00 to $71,760 for lecturer.
- The University will provide start-up grants to help tenure-track faculty start their research programs.
- The exemption from income tax is exemplified by a tax treaty between China and certain countries (for example, the United States).
- Full medical coverage, college travel up to $2,000, housing options and subsidy up to $3,000, home travel up to $6,000 (2 round-trip international airfares) , reimbursement to cover moving expenses up to $1,000, shuttle to campus for work.
- WKU tuition waiver up to 80% for spouse/faculty dependent children for undergraduate programs. And local private/international kindergarten, elementary, middle and high school tuition discounts for faculty children.
- A collegial environment.
- The opportunity to teach high quality students. About 45% of graduates have been admitted to the graduate schools of the world’s top 50 universities and about 60% of the graduates of the world’s top 100 universities.
Wenzhou-Kean University performs background checks on all job applicants upon acceptance of a conditional offer and may engage a third-party administrator to perform background checks.